Thursday, June 24, 2010

My very first "JOB"

let's get to the point!

i've had my very first job and drawn my very first hard-earned salary last night!

so yesterday, Nathalia offered me to replace her for the waitress job for a wedding party at Shangrila Restaurant-Vista.
She had agreed to it but her sis wouldn't let her go all of a sudden so she got me to replace her.
She told me that Vina would also be there...
so i agreed to take the offer!
then i contacted Vina. She told me that we had to wear white-long sleeved shirt,black skirt and black shoes. ok,i've them all with me
yet Vina had none!--"
so i accompanied her to BCS to shop for it.
She spent about 300k to buy all those things? WOW!!
but it's worth it.
after shopping for all the things needed, we went around.
Cindy and Vindy were there too.
and..well..I watched TOY STORY3 for the 2nd time...
actually i had agreed to meet Adrian at 1, but HE WAS LATE..so too bad...
but i met him just now.


went home from BCS at around 5. bathed and dressed up.
I'M READY.
Mum gave her nod for this job.

i was dammmmmmmnnnnnnnnnnnnn excited!
everything was ready and Vina came to pick me up.
We were suppose to be there by 6.
and WE WERE NOT LATE!
of course, we wouldn't be late.
for newbies like us, we had to give a good impression for them!

When we arrived in Vista, we had to wait for Vina's friend since we didn't know a thing there.
and..FYI, Vina's friend happened to be somebody i know, too! It's Budi.
i see, what a coincidence! Batam's too small...
Budi was the one who recommended Vina for the job.
Budi's reaction when he saw me was like:"WHAT? Why are you here?"
lol...
excitedly started our first job.
We were like so stupid and didn't know what should we do.
Luckily, people there were very kind to newbies like us.
90% of the part timers were still students like me.


anyway, the waitress-thingy went on quite well.
Vina and I were quite worried about the holding-plate up high thingy.
we'd never done that before but thanks God...we managed to lift up the plates well.
we did the food-parade.
we successfully brought out around 10 dishes,maybe.
i was so proud of myself.

i was quite nervous. i was assigned to attend 2 tables.
table 89 and 91.
i tried to smile as brightly as i could.
an auntie was really kind. she knew that i was a newbie, so she kept on helping me while i was cleaning up the bowls.
i even met Sugi there.( he was there to attend the wedding not to be a waiter like me...0
but some nasty BIG GUYS kept on asking me to pour the beer for them.
i couldn't care more, i asked my friend(guy) to do that.
i didn't know how to open the cap of the champagne. when a guest told me to do that, i randomly called a guy who happened to pass by me to open it for me.
lol.
i kept asking for help.
i kept asking where did i get this and that.
i kept asking when should i bring in the dishes.
i even asked how to operate the water-dispenser!wth!so shameful!
i kept pressing the buttons but the water wouldn't come out...sucks! it was empty inside!i thought that i was that stupid...
i almost broke some plates!
well, i tried to bring in 10 plates at once and when i just made a few steps, the plates went shaky... washe!....my hands trembled a lot. luckily, an experienced waiter helped me!
anyway, thanks a lot to those friends who helped me last night!

i seriously learnt a lot of things there.

EARNING MONEY is really tough.
imagine that i had to went around back and fro to the kitchen, brought out the dishes on the SUPER-HEAVY plates, answered to the guests' needs(luckily not get scolded)...
imagine when so many delicacies popped out in front of you yet you couldn't have it!slurrp~
my back ached, my leg ached...my fingers went jelly..
stood for about 4 hours and i only got Rp.70 000,-
oh man!
i can easily spend 70 000 in a few mins yet i had to work for a few hours to earn it back.

homed and told mum how happy was i.
but to think of it, it's not the first money earned by myself anyway, since i did get paid for being the MC.
but still i consider it as my very first one! i worked hard for this. This is what we called JOB! you worked for others, for people who wouldn't care about your background.
everybody held the same position no matter where you are from.
all you have to do is to be prepared for the hardship!
anyway....

I'm really GLAD!




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home